Job opening for LEAD Director of Learning and Programmes
04 October 2012 | News story
London-based LEAD is the world’s largest non-profit organisation dedicated to building leadership capacity for sustainable development, with twelve offices worldwide. Apply for this post by 19 October.
Director of Learning and Programmes
As a core member of LEAD’s management team, you will play a key role in shaping and delivering our growth strategy. You will be responsible for providing strategic leadership and management of our learning activities and programmes, as well as a coherent vision for the development of new learning solutions for our clients and partners. The role has three key goals: managing and growing LEAD’s leadership and sustainability programme offering, upholding the highest standards of delivery and learning for clients and learners, and developing a new portfolio of open programmes and training products for LEAD.
- Passionate about sustainability, and a believer in LEAD’s mission.
- Extensive international experience in adult executive education and training or similar environment.
- Successful career as a learning practitioner and designer of large-scale learning programmes using both face-to-face and online components.
- In-depth understanding and familiarity with the commercial side of learning for adults, including strong business development skills.
- Strong background in leadership development and management with an expert knowledge of the roles and demands of high potential, middle and senior managers across sectors.
- Abreast of the latest developments in adult learning and education, including online learning.
- Excellent interpersonal, relationship-building, influencing and negotiating skills at all levels and across cultures.
- Track record of achieving challenging targets and juggling multiple complex projects.
- Proven ability to lead and develop teams to reach their potential.
- Excellent communications skills in English and public speaking experience.
- Experience with an online LMS platform.
Salary: Circa £75,000 OTE
For a full job description, please click here.
To apply for this role, please send your CV and a covering letter to Kirsty Orrick ( firstname.lastname@example.org ) by 19th October 2012.
LEAD believes that leadership is essential for a sustainable future. To tackle the complex social and environmental challenges that our world faces, we need people who can mobilise others and drive change in areas that will make a real difference to the future of our planet.
LEAD is the world’s largest non-profit organisation dedicated to building leadership capacity for sustainable development, with twelve offices worldwide. Our mission is to inspire leadership for a sustainable world. During our 20 year history, we have trained over 2,400 leaders across 90 countries who are united by a common purpose - making change happen.
We provide open and customised leadership programmes and training for individuals and organisations across sectors, cultures and borders to build a new generation of global leaders.
Shared with CEC by Gillian Martin Mehers, CEC Specialty Group Leader for Learning and Leadership