UPEACE Course: Educating for the 21st Century
04 May 2010 | News story
The UPEACE Centre for Executive Education cordially invites you to be part of the upcoming course, Educating for the 21st Century. The course runs June 20-27 in San Jose, Costa Rica. From CEC member Mohit Mukerjee.
This week-long course, designed for educators at all levels, will demonstrate a variety of pedagogical approaches and real-life examples that take into account the changes occurring in the 21st century. The course will demonstrate the need for the integration of peace education into current curriculum.
- "The course was an eye opener experience as to what efforts are being made to promote peace and sustainability. It was truly inspirational and it provides concrete tools and ideas for meeting the educational needs of this century." – Yorlene Vega, Educating for the 21st Century, 2009
Approach:The approach to the seminar is interactive and participant-centered, using case-studies, guest speakers and field trips.
Date: 20 to 27 June 2010
Location:The campus of the UN-mandated University for Peace in Ciudad Colon, Costa Rica, a 30 minute drive from San Jose international airport
- Educating in a Changing World: The principles, concepts, frameworks and methodologies
- Pedagogies for the 21stCentury:The most suitable teaching and learning strategies for the new millennium
- Learning from Living Cases:Innovative educational programs from around the world
- Leadership Skills for Educators:Skills relevant to promoting a culture of peace
- Education for Sustainable Development: ESD, the Earth Charter and their practical applications
- PuraVida Day:Possible activities include hiking, canopy tour, horseback riding, coffee tours…
- If interested, please contact the Centre Coordinator, Alonso Muñoz at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, visit us at www.centre.upeace.org