It believes that conservation will succeed where there is capacity to act collectively and where actions are based on best available science.
IUCN brings together members and stakeholders to develop and negotiate solutions to environmental and development challenges.
Benefits of IUCN Membership
The ever-growing influence of IUCN is a result of working with its members. IUCN, driven by its mission, reflects the diverse needs of its vast membership and its commitment to the conservation and sustainable use of the resources.
Through IUCN, members become part of a collective and global voice on important issues. Platforms such as the World Conservation Congress provide opportunity for wide-ranging discussion on conservation issues.
Partnerships and networks
Members are able to develop partnerships by being part of an alliance of governments and non-government organizations. Members also have the opportunity to expand their networks through international contact with the IUCN staff, experts and other members.
Knowledge and increased capacity
Members can strengthen their credibility and capacity through association with a respected conservation alliance of scientists, decision-makers and managers.
Who can be a member?
- Government agencies
- Political/economic integration organizations
- National and international non-governmental organizations
- Individuals can only become members of the six IUCN Commissions
How to apply?
- Complete the application form.
- Provide supporting documentation:
- 2 letters of recommendation from IUCN members
- a activity report for the past three years
- a audited financial statement
- the statutes of your organization.
- Send the application form and the supporting documentation to the Constituency Development and Coordination, Asia Regional Office:
Postal address: 63 Sukhumvit Road Soi 39 (Soi Prompong)
Bangkok, 10110, Thailand