Building Coalitions for Change to Implement Pro-Poor Environmental Fiscal Reforms.
Results (Goal, objectives, outcomes and outputs)
Reduction in poverty through fiscal reforms for improving the environment.
To identify institutional, legal and policy arrangements for effective and sustained fiscal decentralisation and promote district level implementation and build capacity and support among government and civil society for EFR options that reduce poverty and improve the environment.
1. Institutional, legal and policy arrangements that promote EFR options identified and adopted in select districts.
2. Innovative approaches to overcoming the challenges to EFR pilot tested and assessed in select districts.
3. Selected representatives from government and civil society have enhanced skills and knowledge, which enable them to participate more effectively in the development and implementation of EFR.
4. Awareness of, and commitment to, EFR processes and options increased and sustained.
5. The lessons learned from the project’s experiences are effectively captured, analysed and disseminated at the local, national and global levels.
Pakistan Institute of Development Economics (PIDE)
District Government Abbottabad
Sustainable Development Policy Institute (SDPI)
May 01, 2006 - June 30, 2010
Budget & Donor
Budget: PKR 53,450,000
Donor: SDC / DEZA - Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation
Mahmood Akhtar Cheema
Manager, Islamabad Office
Tel: +92 51 2271027-034
Fax: +92 51 2271017