Post-Earthquake Reconstruction and Revitalization of Extension Services Management Academy
Results (Goal, objectives, outcomes and outputs)
To reconstruct the physical infrastructure of ESMA and make it fully operational to pre 8th October 2005 level.
1. To reconstruct the infrastructure and revive ESMA.
2. To develop capacity of the ESMA faculty to build human capital for sustainable management of mountain agro-ecosystems.
3. To develop out reach materials and methods for transfer of technologies appropriate for the mountain ecosystems.
4. To build capacity of ESMA to become an effective player in the national development planning processes through policy research and monitoring.
5. To build linkages with national, regional and international institutions to share knowledge and benefit from their experiences.
1. ESMA becomes fully operational.
2. Capacity of ESMA faculty enhanced to train the extension staff in environment friendly farming systems and integrated natural resource management.
3. Outreach materials and methods developed to transfer technology appropriate for the mountain ecosystems.
4. ESMA becomes a key player in influencing national polices and development plans.
5. Active collaboration, information exchange and sharing of skills between ESMA and other national, international institutions.
Agriculture Department, Government of Azad Jammu and Kashmir
Three years (September 01, 2007 - December 31, 2009)
Budget & Donor
Budget: EUR 190,000
Donor: Autonomous Province of Bozen/Bolzano - South Tyrol, Italy South Tyrol
Mahmood Akhtar Cheema
Manager, Islamabad Office
House 21, Street 88, G-6/3
Tel. +92 51 2271027-034
Fax: +92 51 2271017