Pranburi activity 1: Study on waste water management
The project is implemented in the eastern public canal of the centre, about 6-10 meter wide, near the Pak Nam Pran School and in the Pak Nam Pran Municipality.
October 2009 - December 2010
The project is implemented by the Pak Nam Pran Environmental Conservation group, lead by Mr. Weerapat Pattaranarakul, supervised by the IUCN-Project management committee. IUCN Thailand Programme representatives coordinate the project.
The IUCN project management committee consists of:
- Mr.Patara Intarapirot, the Sirinard mangrove forest centre’s committee advisor and former head of the Pranburi Forest Park
- Mr.Prathan Sangworn, the Sirinard mangrove forest centre’s committee chairman and head of the Pranburi Forest Park
- Mrs. Srisurang Mashsirikul, PTT representative
- Ms.Srichan Monrakklarom, SiX-SENSES Resort& Spa representative
- Ms. Radda Larpnun, IUCN representative
- To assess the community's water waste treatment system
- To assess methodologies and appropriate periods of waste water treatment
- To compare the quality of the community's waste water to the quality of the water way and the centre before and after using EM treatment
- To raise awareness in order to improve the community's waste water management
- To disseminate knowledge on waste water management to the community and the public
- A plan of community waste water management
- Main source of waste water such as squid factories in Pak Nam Pran will be properly treated before being released to the public water way
- Quality of water flowing to the mangrove forest will be improved
- Awareness about waste water treatment will be raised among communities along the public canal. Their waste water treatment will be improved.