Pranburi activity 4: Understanding the ecosystem value of the Pranburi learning centre and using knowledge to develop site specific managemen
The project is implemented in the Sirinard Rajini Mangrove Ecosystem Learning Centre, located in Pak Nam Pran, Pranburi District, Prachubkirikan Province (Southern Thailand).
April – December 2010
The project is implemented by the Pak Nam Pran Wittaya School, led by Mr. Chaweng Wachirapattaragul, supervised by the IUCN project management committee. IUCN Thailand Programme representatives coordinate the project.
The IUCN project management committees consist of:
- Mr.Patara Intarapirot, the Sirinard mangrove forest centre’s committee advisor and former head of the Pranburi Forest Park
- Mr.Prathan Sangworn, the Sirinard mangrove forest centre’s committee chairman and head of the Pranburi Forest Park
- Mrs. Srisurang Mashsirikul, PTT representative
- Ms.Srichan Monrakklarom, SiX-SENSES Resort& Spa representative
- Ms. Radda Larpnun, IUCN representative
- Develop biodiversity research skills among Pranburi stakeholders
- Build a data base of mangrove forest biodiversity in the Sirinard Mangrove forest centre (botany, benthos and birds)
- Increase the centre's capacity for conservation and mangrove forest development by using the following education publications:
‘Mangrove Forest Study’ Curriculum for four levels
The Sirinard Mangrove forest ecosystem learning centre nature trail guide book
The centre’s staff have improved their skills on mangrove forest conservation and share the gained knowledge with others
The Sirinard Mangrove forest centre has developed a data base on mangrove forest biodiversity regarding plants, benthos and birds
A knowledge set on conservation and mangrove forest development has been developed through using the two above mentioned education publication.