PREEN is a professional body of like-minded individuals working together to promote and mainstream the use of economics in environmental management within the region. Established in September 2009, PREEN serves as a forum for Pacific resource and environmental economists.
Pacific Resource and Environmental Economics Network
- Provide a forum for practitioners in Pacific resource and environmental economics to exchange information, ideas and experiences for mutual learning and professional development
- Provide peer review support and advice
- Establish and maintain a database of key resource and environmental economics practitioners in the Pacific, outlining their contacts, areas of expertise and interest
- Develop, as appropriate, joint proposals or work to meet the needs of the Pacific
- Establish and maintain a web site to support the applied economic analysis of natural resources and the environment in the Pacific.