Jordan was selected as one of three country sites where this global project will be implemented; namely Kenya and Burkina Faso. The three-year-project, which is implemented by IUCN Regional Office for West Asia (ROWA) and funded by Royal Danish ministry of foreign affairs (DANIAD), aiming at greater policy implementation in support of Sustainable Land Management in the drylands of participating countries.
The project is expected to achieve a number of results that local communities will benefit from on the local and global levels.
1. Assessment report per country of sustainably managed drylands showing location and extent, and identifying factors in sustainable management.
2. Evaluation report per country of the multiple benefits of SLM and identification of investment options and investors.
3. Publication, in partnership with government, of Dryland Investment Opportunities report.
4. Local and national consultative and awareness raising meetings to identify investment priorities.
5. Publication of a Global Dryland Investment Opportunities Report.
6. International consultative and awareness raising meetings to build partnerships for SLM scale up.
7. Leverage larger proposals for capacity building and resource mobilization.
For more information please contact
Ms. Fidaa Haddad, IUCN ROWA - Programme Manager