1. Building Community of Young Conservation Professionals
More than a 100 WCPA members have already joined the community plus about 30 non-WCPA young conservationists are closely working with us.
We’re publishing quarterly Newsletters for our Group members.
Our informal communication now is through 2 listserves: LinkedIn (search for IUCN/WCPA Young Protected Area Professionals Group) and Yahoo Group (to be added, please, send a request to any of the Group coordinators).
If you’re young and active, please, sign in and join us!
2. Awards & Scholarships
WCPA is working closely with International Ranger Federation and other partners, sponsoring Young Conservation Award
3. YP representation at global and regional conservation events
YP Group will be collaborating with events’ organizers to ensure young members representation there. A number of learning opportunities for young conservationists is planned within each of them.
Pre-conference online discussions and surveys will be conducted among young members to come up to the meetings with consolidated positions.
We’ll be happy to co-operate with institutions, willing to support some of these events and/or scholarships to individual young conservationists to attend.
4. Knowledge management system to support capacity and career development of YP WCPA
YP Group is collecting information on available opportunities for capacity and career development for young conservationists worldwide.
Please, help us to assist emerging protected area leaders by sending your information to the Group Leaders!
- Opportunities for young members within WCPA Task Forces and Specialist Groups
- Non-WCPA opportunities for young leaders :- Jobs; - Conferences; - Internships; - Trainings and workshops; - Volunteering
Edwin Sabuhoro and Kristy, Faccer, WCPA Youth Event at the IUCN Conservation Congress, Barcelona, 2008,
Photo: Djinn Pourkiani