Countries of the region
Afghanistan, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kygrystan, Moldova, Russian Federation, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, Uzbekistan
The main goal for 2013 will be to restore the work of WCPA in Russia and CIS:
- to establish Executive Committee that will coordinate the activities of WCPA in the region;
- to restore membership, to attract new members and engage them into the activities of WCPA;
- to develop cooperation with various stakeholders (protected areas, the Ministry of Natural Resources and Ecology, international conservation projects in the region, the Public Chamber, business partners, etc );
- to raise public awareness and promote WCPA work in the region
The WCPA Strategy in the region mostly addresses the following three Global Results of the IUCN 2013-2014 Quadrennial Programme:
- IUCN standards, tools and knowledge for valuing, conserving and sustainably using biodiversity are accessible, widely adopted and result in action for effective and efficient management of biodiversity.
- Policies and governance systems reflect the full values of biodiversity to enable action at all levels towards the achievement of the conservation and sustainable use of biodiversity.
- IUCN standards, tools and knowledge for valuing, conserving and sustainably using nature and natural resources foster fair, equitable, just and efficient decision making and are accessible and widely adopted.