Assess the vulnerability of the marine tourism sector to climate change and support the development of adaptation option.
Objective Three: Tourism and Climate Change
- Gained an understanding of perceptions of climate change issues among Red Sea tourism industry
- Developed adaptation options for climate change within the Red Sea tourism sector
- Based on the discussions, developed a Draft Guide to Climate Change for Red Sea tourism industry
- Established BleachWatch Monitoring Program in Egypt
Objective 3: Deliverables
- Published an IUCN study about the vulnerability assessment of tour operators to climate change.
- Published a scientific manuscript of this report.
- Drafted a Marine Ecology training module for Dive Professionals to be submitted to PADI International for approval in global dive course.
- A Climate Change Declaration for Egypt was drafted and submitted to the Red Sea Governate office for review and discussion.