Design a winning logo to be used globally by the IUCN Task Force on Intergenerational Partnership for Sustainability.
The Task Force invites you to design a logo that represents youth engagement and intergenerational partnership acting to bring about the IUCN vision of “a just world that values and conserves nature.”
We plan to use the Task Force logo alongside the IUCN logo for all cross-Commission projects and next to relevant Commission logos for projects within the:
- CEC (Education and Communication)
- CEESP (Environment, Economic and Social Policy)
- CEL (Environmental Law)
- CEM (Ecosystems Management)
- SSC (Species Survival)
- WCPA (World Commission on Protected Areas)
The winning logo will be unveiled at the IUCN World Conservation Congress in Jeju, South Korea in September 2012. It will be featured in an article on the IUCN website and promoted through related social networking platforms.
Anyone or any team with a fantastic concept can enter this competition. So the big question is, “How can I enter and what do I need to do?”
Conceptually, the logo should represent youth engagement and collaboration across generations, embodying the following themes:
The logo should stand alone, be simple, use few colors, and be aesthetically pleasing. It should inspire individuals to act across generations for people and planet, and it should reflect the spirit of what the Task Force and the Commission young professionals groups are trying to achieve. Learn more about these efforts here: http://intergenerationalpartnership.wikispaces.com/
The logo should not integrate or distort the official IUCN logo in anyway. When displayed side-by-side, these logos will be of approximately the same size and there will be a buffer zone around the IUCN logo. Of course, any images that are subject to copyright or that might offend cannot be used.
Do you really want to enter the competition but unsure of how to design a logo or which computer software to use? Please follow this link to a useful logo tutorial website to assist your creative juices from conception to completion.
Competition Entry Details
You may work on your own or with a partner or intergenerational team. Logo entries must be submitted by June 15, 2012 and you may submit up to three entries.
- Ensure your logo design is either an .EPS vector logo with a 10x10px resolution, or a high-resolution non-vector logo.
- Send your entry to Rebecca.Koss@liverpool.ac.uk with the email subject reading "Logo Competition IUCN Intergenerational Task Force”
- Include your name(s), email contact details, countrie(s) and age(s) in the email. (The specific age of artists will be kept confidential.)
- Include a short description about your logo concept, including how your idea was born and what it represents. While the logo needs to be self-explanatory, the description may be included for showcasing it at the World Conservation Congress and in IUCN articles.
The winner of the competition will be contacted via email in July 2012.
Good luck! We look forward to receiving your entry!
For the Task Force on Intergenerational Partnership for Sustainability
Rebecca Koss, WCPA/CEESP
Catie Burlando, CEESP
Dominic Stucker, CEC