Invitation to comment on the draft agenda for the 74th Council (2-4 June 2010)
29 March 2010 | News story
IUCN Members, National and Regional Committees are invited to send their comments on the draft agenda for the 74th Council to the IUCN Director General (email@example.com), in English, French or Spanish, before 14 May 2010.
Download the agenda from the Members' Portal.
Besides the standard agenda items such as the Report from the Director General and the Commission Chairs, Council will engage in substantive debate on:
- ‘The road to Nagoya and beyond’ – Positioning the Union for CBD COP10 in Nagoya and setting strategic direction for the Union in respect of the post-2010 biodiversity targets.
- Private Sector Engagement
- 'One Programme Commitment Statement’ – to better engage IUCN Members and Member structures and IUCN Commissions in Programme/Policy in pursuit of 2008 Congress resolution 4.001.
- Building the right kind of Membership for IUCN in the future.
- Financial Results 2009 and the Financial Situation of IUCN.