English Language for Environmentalists
05 July 2011 | News story
Environmental professionals are invited to a specialised course at Juniper Hall Field Studies Centre in Surrey, England, from 25 to 29 July 2011.
From CEC member Peter Townsend
WHAT WILL YOU GAIN?
- Opportunities to practice English in a variety of situations;
- A wider knowledge of the specialist vocabulary associated with landscape management, nature conservation and environmental education;
- Individual vocabulary and grammar tuition from experienced language teachers;
- Appreciation of the importance of effective communication in environmental management;
- Opportunities to share experiences with colleagues from around the world.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
People working in conservation, environmental education, landscape management or tourism, who want to improve their existing English language skills. You will need at least an intermediate level of English (B2, CEFR).
Mark Sixsmith, Director of Environmental English. An English teacher with an environmental education and
Sunday Arrival and registration at Juniper Hall
Monday Introductions. Learning English. Site visit to Box Hill, National Trust
Tuesday Protected area management. Visit to the new South Downs National Park
Wednesday Interpretation and environmental education. Visit to local interpretation centres
Thursday Habitat management. Visit to local nature reserve
Friday Nature conservation and biodiversity. Visit to a National Nature Reserve
COURSE FEE: €400
This includes tuition, course materials, transport to site visits and all meals and accommodation.
In a quiet wooded valley in an unspoilt area of the North Downs, Juniper Hall Field Centre is a country house dating from the 17th century. It is about 1km from Box Hill and only 40km from central London. Gatwick airport is 21 km away and Heathrow 50km.
Participants will need to make their own arrangements for travel to the UK. Transport to Juniper Hall can be arranged from Gatwick/Heathrow airports or from a nearby railway station. More details will be sent prior to the course.
TO FIND OUT MORE
For more information or to reserve a place please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org