Job Vacancy: Communications Officer at IUCN Cambodia
13 December 2012 | Article
IUCN, International Union of Conservation of Nature and Natural Resources, Cambodia Project Office in Phnom Penh seeks to recruit a self-motivated and competent staff for the position of Communications Officer, Directly reporting to Senior Programme Officer, IUCN Cambodia Office and additionally to Programme Coordinator Vietnam, Cambodia, and Myanmar.
The Communications Officer will have overall responsibilities to assist in the programme communications, outreach, knowledge management, and member relations of IUCN Cambodia to help achieve its mission and objectives.
Specific duties include
- Act as Communications Focal Point for the IUCN Cambodia Programme.
- Develop, implement and monitor the IUCN Cambodia Programme communications strategy.
- Ensure that IUCN branding, guidelines, and other communications policies and procedures are strictly followed by all staff and consultants.
- Work with the Senior Programme Officer and Programme Coordinator to ensure effective communications are integrated into all project concepts, proposals, budgets and work plans.
- Ensure messages and products are aligned with project objectives and IUCN Thematic Programme Areas.
- Oversee all communication production to ensure quality and adherence to IUCN guidelines.
- Develop and manage web contents and digital resources.
- Support staff to prepare web stories that highlight project results and achievements; visit the field to carry out interviews and capture information as the basis for web stories; update the Cambodia web site on a monthly basis.
- Translate selected materials from Khmer to English and vice versa.
- Proactively manage and monitor media relations.
- Distribute relevant global and regional press releases to national media contacts.
The Successful Candidate will have:
- At least Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, or environmental sciences or related fields;
- At least 5 years of communications work experiences
- Ability to produce a range of types of documents such as reports, publications, brochures, policy briefs, and press releases.
- Strong ability to edit and synthesize complex documents into short, easy to read text.
- Experience with a range of multi-media and web-based design tools such as Photoshop, In-design, Illustrator, Flash, Dreamweaver, Premier, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a multicultural, multidisciplinary team;
- Excellent written and spoken English as required.
- Willingness to frequently travel domestically with some regional also required.
This position is open for Cambodian nationals only and is for a period of 2 years with the possibility of extension. This position is classified as P1 in our classification system and the monthly salary is commensurate with experience. We also offer an attractive benefit package.
Interested candidates should send their application and CV along with the names of two referees by 06 January 2013 to:
Human Resources Unit
IUCN, International Union for Conservation of Nature
Cambodia Liaison Office, #19, Street 312, Tonle Bassac, Khan Chamkar Mon
P.O. Box 1504, Phnom Penh, CAMBODIA
Tel: ++ (855 -23) 222 311 Fax: ++ (855 -23) 222 312
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org ; url:www.iucn.org/cambodia
Only short-listed candidates will be notified for the interview. IUCN is an equal employer and women are encouraged to apply.