IUCN at the World Water Forum
02 March 2009 | Video
Mark Smith, Head of IUCN's Water Programme talks about the burning need to manage water resources across national boundaries.
- The biggest water event of the year is less than a month away. Do you think that now the water community will finally succeed in placing water high enough on the international agenda?
- What are IUCN's top priorities for this meeting? What do you want decision-makers to do?
- The theme of the meeting is "bridging divides of water". How can we allocate water to different users in different countries within the limits of what's available?
- How is IUCN dealing with the global water crisis?
- Climate change has enormous impact on water recourses. In the run-up to Copenhagen, what is IUCN doing to ensure water is at the center of the discussions in December?