The work of the office of the Senior Gender Adviser has been drafted in a quadrennial plan (2009-2012). In this section you can find details about the initiatives that meet this objectives. Please select a specific theme to find more about it.
Following is an overview of the main activities to be carried out by the office of the Senior Gender Adviser:
- Global policy work on gender with the Rio Conventions.
- Support and strengthening of women voices at the international environmental fora.
- Policy work within the Union on the linkages between gender and climate change.
- Mainstreaming gender in IUCN's Energy Initiative, in Landscapes and Livelihoods Initiative, in policies on economic, trade and investment.
- Further develop work on gender and disaster risk reduction.