One of IUCN’s key objectives is to share the knowledge gathered by its unique global community of 16,000 scientists. IUCN's knowledge products consist of conservation databases and tools which have already proved helpful to hundreds of organizations.
Access directly Species, Protected Areas, Key Biodiversity Areas, Law, and Ecosystem databases:
- The IUCN Red List of Threatened Species assesses risk of species extinction
- The IUCN Red List of Ecosystems assesses risk of ecosystem collapse
- The World Database on Key Biodiversity Areas assesses sites important for biodiversity
- Protected Planet assesses protected areas
- Ecolex provides a gateway to environmental law.
Other conservation tools
Discover more conservation tools which have been created by IUCN and its partners.