ECOLEX (www.ecolex.org) has been designed to be the most comprehensive global source of information on national and international environmental law. It is a web-based information service, operated jointly by FAO, IUCN and UNEP since 2001. It is a platform that synergizes information on environmental law collected through FAOLEX (FAO), ELIS (IUCN) and InforMEA (UNEP).
ECOLEX offers –
- The entire spectrum of environmental subjects: marine ecosystems, fisheries, climate change, energy, land use, soil, species, forestry, waste, food and agriculture, etc.
- Five sets of data on treaties, Conference of the Parties’ decisions, national legislation, court decisions and literature (soft law as well as policy literature) with related full texts and bibliographical and analytical information
- Additional subject-focused resources such as legal analysis, case studies, training materials through a separate tool box
- Invaluable information not only for legal professionals, researchers and students, but also for policy and decision-makers and the civil society from all over the world and at all levels
- Worldwide access and free of charge
- Trilingual user-friendly interface
- Dynamic navigation and a responsive search experience also for mobile users